The use of space heaters is a restricted activity on JWU’s campus. Space heaters are known to cause building fires. Space heater fires are attributed to misuse or electrical malfunctions. Employees are not allowed to bring individually purchased space heaters from home to work. In rare instances that additional heating support is needed, Facilities Management may provide space heaters. The space heaters owned and supplied by JWU have been vetted for safe operations.
If you have any questions, please contact Facilities Management or Environmental, Health, and Safety.